The website www.asitravel.eu uses ¨Cookies¨, and other similar mechanisms (henceforth, Cookies).
Cookies are files sent to a browser with a web server to register activities of users of this website (henceforth, Services). The initial aim of cookies is to provide users with faster access to the selected Services. Furthermore, cookies customize the services that the website www.asitravel.eu offer, by facilitating and providing each user with information of interest or that may be of interest, depending on the use made of the Services.
Likewise, the www.asitravel.eu website can know all the services requested by users, and provide or offer appropriate information for the likes and dislikes User.
The website www.asitravel.eu can also use web bugs, which are tiny, transparent images inserted into e-mails. When the user opens the e-mail, this image is downloaded together with the other contents of the email reveals whether a specific e-mail has been open or not, and the IP address from which is has been downloaded. The www.asitravel.eu website uses this information to obtain statistics and make analytical studies on the reception of its e-mails by users.
Type, purpose and functioning of cookies
Depending on the length of time they remain, cookies can be divided into session or permanent cookies. The former expire when the user closes the browser. The latter expire when their aim is fulfilled (for example, the user is still identified in Services at www.asitravel.eu) and they are erased manually.
Additionally, based on their aim, cookies can be classified as follows:
Cookies for performance: This type of cookie remembers your preferences for the tools in the services, so you do not have to reset the service each time you visit. As an example, this type includes:
Volume settings for video and sound players.
The transmission speed of video which is compatible with the browser.
The objects from the “shopping basket” in the services of E-commerce such as shops.
Cookies for geo-location: These cookies are used to find out from which country a service is requested. This Cookie is completely anonymous, is used only to help orient the content to your location.
Cookies for registration: Registration cookies are generated once the user has registered or later opened a session, and identify the user in the services in order to:
• Maintain the identified User so, if a service closes, the browser and the computer will still identify users returning to the service at a later date, thereby facilitating navigation without having to identify oneself again. This functionality can be removed when the user presses “exit session”, thus removing the cookie and the next time the user enters the service, he/she must login to be identified.
• Check whether the User is authorized to access certain services, for example, take part in a competition, access a private website area, etc.
• Additionally, some services can use connections with social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. When the User registers with a service with credentials from a social network, the social network is authorized to save a permanent Cookie to remember identity and ensure access to the services until expiry. The User can delete this Cookie and revoke access the services through social networks by updating preferences in the social network specified.
Cookies for analysis: Whenever a user visits a service, an external provider’s tool generates an analytical Cookie in the user’s computer. This Cookie is only generated in the visit, and is used if future visits to the services of www.asitravel.eu to identify visitors anonymously. The main objectives are to:
• Enable anonymous identification of users browsing through the “Cookie” (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate number of visitors and the amount of time spent.
• Identify anonymously the most visited content and, therefore, the most attractive contents for users
• nFind out whether the user is new or returning.
Important: Unless users decide to register into a service www.asitravel.eu, the cookie is never associated with any personal details that may identify them. The said cookies will only be used for statistical purposes to help optimize the experience of site users.
Cookies for advertising: This type of cookie increase the information of advertisements shown to anonymous users in Services at www.asitravel.eu. Among other things, it saves the length and frequency of displaying the advertisements, interaction with these, browsing patterns and/or behavior of users, as they help to build up a profile for commercial interest. Thus, they provide advertising suited to the user’s requirements.
How to disable cookies and web bugs in the main browsers
Cookies can normally be stopped from operating on your browser, or from operating with a service in particular.
All modern browsers have options to change the set-up of cookies. These settings are usually in the “options” or “Preferences” on the browser menu. Also, you can set up your browser or e-mail system, and install free add-ons to prevent web bugs being downloaded when an e-mail is opened.
The www.asitravel.eu website offers help for users for the steps to open the coolie settings menu, and if necessary, private browsing on each of the main browsers via a link to this document that clearly explains as follows:
• Internet Explorer: Tools – > Internet Options – > Privacy – > Configuration.
• For more information, check the Microsoft support or the help button on the browser.
• Firefox: Tools – > Options – > Privacy – > History – > Personal Configuration.
• For more information, check the Mozilla support or the help button on the browser.
• Chrome: Configuration – > Show advanced options – > Privacy – > Configure content.
• For more information, check the Google support or the help button on the browser.
• Safari: Preferences – > Security.
• For more information, check the Apple support or the help button on the browser.
What happens if cookies are disabled?
Some functions of the services will be disabled, such as remaining identified, maintaining shopping in the “shopping basket” in an e-commerce site, receiving information sent to your location and the display of some videos.
Last updated: July 04, 2018