09 Oct Hostal Residencia Molins – Perfect accommodation in Ibiza
As promised in my Ibiza initial post today I will talk about my accommodation on this beautiful island.
Now I have to be honest, when I booked this room in Ibiza I looked mainly for a good price. Yes, I always check for proximity to the city center or main sights but this time, being my 7th trip this year money was important also.
Since my trip here was mainly focused on the big clubs I dismissed from the start St Antonio. Yes, it is easy to reach the clubs with the night buses from there too but I wanted to stay a bit closer.
So keeping that in mind I chose Ibiza town as a destination and proceeded to look for accommodation.
Thru Booking.com I managed to secure a room at Hostal Residencia Molins Ibiza for a good price (580 euro/double room/5 nights) so I was satisfied with my finding.
Below you can read the main points I always look for when rating an accommodation:
- Location.Excelent. About 400 metres away from Dalt Villa, the old town, it is easily reachable by foot so you can take your time and explore the little streets of this old place. Also the port is about 1 km away so you can easily grab a ferry/aquabus from there to Formentera for a nice day trip. And last but not least the Figueretas beach is about 1 km away so you can reach it fast and enjoy the sun for a nice tan.
Another important mention is the fact that the hotel is easy to reach by bus from the airport. About 7 kilometers from the Airport it can be reached either by taxi or by taking the number 10 bus up until Av d’Espanya and then walk the rest of the distance(about 300-400 meters). The seven kilometers will take about 25-30 minutes depending on the traffic (it took me 27 minutes in September) and the return bus will depart from Ibiza Port.
- Great, great people. Always smiling, always helpful, they really made my stay here wonderful by going out of their way to help me with some little requests I had. Regardless of the person who sat at reception they all had a smile on their face and they provided info and help so I am really grateful for their involvement.
- While from the outside the hotel does not look big, the room I was accommodated in was good and large in size. Each room has a small terrace/balcony where you can sit in the morning and grab a coffee or relax in the evening before hitting the clubs. The Wi-Fi worked nicely and I used it quite a few times to upload pictures taken to my cloud account. As a bonus my room was facing the Hotel’s pool so I knew when it was free and when there were people there.
As a big bonus. The room is impeccably clean. Each day it was cleaned, towels replaced, etc. so this is a very important aspect.
- Some years ago I couldn’t care less about breakfast but I guess that wisdom comes with age so I’m happy to say the breakfast here is OK. It is basic like yoghurt, boiled eggs, ham, cheese, breads and some pastries but it is a nice way to start a day after a night of dancing.
Now for two important aspects:
- The hotel has a swimming pool. It is a small one but it is nice to have it and if you’re too lazy to go to the beach in the evening to enjoy the sun and some water without leaving the hotel.
- The hotel does offer parking and this is important. While buses cover most of the island I would strongly suggest renting a car for easier commute and access to remote beaches. So by renting a scooter/car and having a place in which to park it is a big plus.
All in all this has been one of the most pleasant experiences with a hotel in all my years of travel. I strongly recommend this place and I am happy that I was accommodated here.
Written on 21st of september 2017